How to Generate E-Way Bill? E-Way bill is an electronically generated bill format, which will be required under GST regime for the specific consignment/movement of goods from one place to another. Here i This Eway bill is required both inter-state (between different states) and intra-state (within the state) and of value more than Rs. 50,000, required under the current GST rule. Register users or transporters simply generate an E-way bill on http://ewaybill.nic.in. After e-Way Bill generated, a unique e-Way Bill Number (EBN) will be created and is with the supplier, recipient and the transporter. You can also cancel E-Way Bill electronically on the same portal within 24 hours from its generation (cannot be canceled if it is verified by an officer during transit).
What is the validity of E-Way Bill?
E-Way Bill full form is “Electronic Way Bill”.
- Less than 100 KM: 1 Day
- Every 100 Km or part thereof thereafter – 1 additional day
The E-way bill validity period will be counted from the time of generation of the Bill at Online.
How to generate e-Way bill Online?
Here is a simple step by step guide to generating e-Way bill online:
Step 1: Log in to the Govt. e-Way bill portal with your Username & Password and then type the below Captcha code. Click on “login”
Step 2: On the Left-hand side of the menu, you can find an option find e-Waybill -> Generate new, click on it.
- Transaction type: Outward: If you are a supplier select “Outward”. Inward: If you are a recipient select “Inward”
- Document type: Invoice/ bill/ challan/ credit note/ bill of entry. Select ‘others’ if the document you have is not listed there.
- Document Number: Document Number/Invoice Number
- Document Date: Date of Invoice/Challan Date
- Bill From/Bill to: Enter the Organisation/Firm/Company Details
- Despatch From: Enter the Address Details
- Ship To: Enter the Address Details
Step 3: Enter the “Goods Details” in the given fields of the e-Waybill form.
- Product name and Description
- HSN Code
- Quantity and Unit
- Value/ Taxable value
- Enter CGST or SGST or IGST Rates applicable in %.
- Tax rate of cess in % (if any)
In this section, the mode of transport of goods (road/ rail/ air/ ship) and the approximate distance covered in kilometers should be mentioned.
Apart from this, either one of the details given below can be mentioned:
a) Transporter name
b) Transporter ID
c) Transporter Document no. and Date Or d) Vehicle number (only in case of Road)
Step 4: Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
After you submit the details, The e-Way bill displayed on your screen, you can take a print out.
The printed copy of the E-way bill should be provided to the transporter who will carry it throughout the trip till it is being handed over to the consignee.
I hope you like the How to Generate E–way Bill with GST. You can easily create the eWAY bill online in GST compatible format.