EPF UAN Link: A Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12 digit number generated for all the members contributing to the EPF account. It helps the person to get all Provided Fund (PF) information in one place irrespective of the organization he works for. UAN, as a universal number, helps the member to assemble all his PF accounts associated with multiple IDs of different organizations in one place. With the help of UAN, the employee can easily withdraw and transfer funds.
Requirements to link the EPF account with UAN
The following details are required to link the EPF account with UAN number.
- UAN Number
- Current EPF account number linked with UAN
- KYC Details – PAN, Aadhar, Bank Account Number and IFS C code and it should be verified by your employer.
- UAN should be activated. Activation of UAN takes 3 days.
How to link EPF account with UAN (Aadhar)
Linking your Aadhar number with the EPF account is not mandatory but there are more benefits available after linking it. Linking Aadhar will help in faster withdrawal and transfer of PF funds. There are 2 methods:
Linking of Aadhar with PF account through online mode
The following are the steps to link your Aadhar Number through online mode.
- Login to the EPFO portal or click on the Link
- Enter the UAN Number and Password to Login to the portal
- Click “KYC” under the “Manage” option.
- Under “Add KYC” tab enter the following details. (Bank account, PAN, Aadhar Number, Passport number, Driving license, Election Card number, Ration card)
- Then click on “Submit”. After submitting it you can find these details under “Pending KYC” tab. Once approved by the employer (which would generally take 15 days), it will be shown under “Approved KYC” tab.
Linking of Aadhar with PF account through Offline mode
The option to link the Aadhar number to the PF account is also available in offline mode. For this, the employee should fill the Aadhar linking application along with the UAN and Aadhar number and other details required. The UAN and Aadhar and should be self-attested by the employee. After filling up that application should be submitted to the EPFO office or Common Services Centres (CSC). They will verify and then the Aadhar number will be linked to the EPF account. Once the Aadhar number is linked the employee will get a message in his registered mobile number.
Benefits of linking the Aadhar Number with EPF Accounts
The following are the benefits an employee gets by linking the UAN with the EPF account.
- An employee can directly withdraw the PF amount from the EPFO without the help of the employer.
- The transfer of EPF amount will be done automatically without application.
- You can apply for EPF pension withdrawal from UAN member portal itself.
- There would not be any discrepancy on personal detail.
- The employer can’t delay the approval of Aadhaar.
Since the Aadhar and EPF accounts are linked based on the mobile number it is advisable to not change the mobile number in the future. It is always better to use mobile number portability instead of adopting a new mobile number.